Saturday, January 1, 2011

Goldendoodle Pup Potty Trained at 10 weeks!

Such a proud Mama today! We tried the bell system (where you hang bells hanging from the door knob of the door you use when letting out to potty) and it worked within a day. Briar tuned 10 weeks yesterday and like clockwork, he is potty trained. Amazing.

I asked a person at PetSmart what the starting age was for puppy training classes (when I was at the desperate stage of seeing the little rascal as a ball of fur with teeth teeth teeth!) and she said 10 weeks. She said their training program prior to 10 weeks wasn't beneficial due the little pups not being developmentally ready to absorb the training. Well, the last two weeks, I worked my tail off trying to get Briar to learn "Sit" "Give me Paw" "Down" "Stay" and "Outside". Now, as if magic has occurred, he can fulfill all the instructions perfectly - on demand - every time. What a little genius!! My two weeks of blood (literally, his little teeth are vicious), sweat, and tears have paid off!! Yay!

Now...if I can just get him to learn that ringing the bells are only for going potty, rather than taking a romp outdoors playing with sticks and rocks, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment